The Sandbox is a community hosted server for North American players. It is a private server, but the password is available to anyone who agrees to the rules. If you agree to these rules you are responsible for following them.
The use of Sandbox:
The sandbox is the home for more of the regular players, this is where most of the skill is at. The competitive level is quite high in sandbox compared to a public server. Often clans will have scrimmages in here. It's a great place to get involved and improve your skills.
Some of the terms used in Sandbox:
- "Schooly" or "School Yard" are a community organized game, where two captains are picked and they choose a player in spectator one by one.
- "Scrim" or "Scrimmage" are when two clans are playing an organized game. Sometimes a "sub" will be in for a team or two.
- "Ladder" are when two clans are having an official ladder match. Interrupting a ladder is strictly against the rules.
- "Sub" or "Substitute" are players substituting for a clan having a scrimmage, the clan chooses who they want the sub to be. Obviously, you do not have to be a sub if you do not want to, just be prepared to go spectator.
- "Spec" or "go spectator" mean get off a team ASAP and go spectator if it's directed at you. Often players don't want to risk dying so they type really quickly "spec", if you just joined a team and you see people shouting "spec", it's most likely directed at you.
- "Spec chat" means quit using global chat and use the "Y" key to talk to the other spectators.
1. Randomly joining a team in sandbox is not allowed at all. Please politely ask the players playing if it's open for anyone at the moment. Often players will have already organized a game, and it's rude to interrupt. If you see that everyone has a clan tag on and it's clear that two clans are having a scrimmage, you can assume it is not open, and you can ask when you can play. To view the players press and hold "TAB".
2. If a closed game is going on, and you want to chat to the other spectators, please use team chat with "Y". This way only spectators will see it.
3. Interrupting any official ladder matches is strictly prohibited, and you can be banned for doing so. Interrupting can be purposely spamming global text, or joining a team when not asked to do so.
4. Spreading around the password to sandbox is also prohibited. If someone wants to know the password, please direct them here so they can read and understand the rules. By spreading the password around you are potentially ruining the fun for the honest players, and perhaps yourself.